Joe South


I’ve heard them say if you seek, then you shall find.

One morning I went seeking Joe South music on YouTube to find out he died in September 2012 through the comments left on one of the site. A quick Google search confirmed the unfortunate information.

Ironically, that was the year I re-discovered his music.



I had always known he sang Walk A Mile in My Shoes and bought a greatest hits album from a Plateau record store that is no longer for that song alone.



The credits for Deep Purple’s Hush will state Joe South’s name as songwriter but I never heard his version until I bought that album.

I learned about the song Games People Play and played it a great deal. I even added it to one of my fill in playlists for The Goods.

I don’t know how or why I didn’t hear of his death months ago. Regardless, nothing happens before its time. I reached for his music this year. The news was going to reach me eventually. Now is as good a time as any to check out his music if you’re unfamiliar.



RIP Joe South.

No comments: