Grand Analog


If I knew little about The Herbaliser before I caught their live performance at Montreal's Le National, I knew even less about Grand Analog.


Grand Analog was the opening act for the people in attendance. The group took the stage with an eclectic set of hip hop, rock and reggae music. 




Grand Analog did a great job. I feel they were a perfect fit considering how The Herbaliser's music incorporates many genres as well. That night made me a Grand Analog fan.


Where hip hop is concerned, most of the artists that interest me would be considered hip hip hybrids like K-os, K'Naan and Grand Analog. That says a lot about my musical tastes & direction and the state of hip hop. I've been looking for more than hip hop for years and respect hip hop artists that do more than the stereotypical and traditional sounding hip hop.



I love the eclectic nature of Grand Analog. No song is similar. I was shocked to learn Grand Analog had released Metropolis is Burning. I had only learned of the band when I was at The Herbaliser show. I met 2 members of Grand Analog at my home away from home Death of Vinyl record store just before their last Montreal performance.




I have been looking forward to the release of their third full-length album.  My wait is just about over.  Word of new music has made the rounds and below is proof positive. Check out one of the latest tracks featuring Saukrates. 



Grand Analog returned to Montreal at Divan Orange on November 22, 2013 for M For Montreal.  

The Suite Delight new time slot is Tuesday morning 2-3am EST on www.ckut.ca & 90.3 FM.


If you haven't already, please make yourself familiar with the link below for more of your favorite show and mine.

Below is a podcast to bring you up to speed.  Click here to download it and more.



The Suite Delight - March 4, 2013 Playlist:

1. Kokolo - Soul Power (Lack Of Afro Remix)
2. Kelis - Trick Me
3. Nickodemus – 2 Sips & Magic (Second Sky & Thomas Blondet Remix)
4. The Souljazz Orchestra - Celestial Blues
5. Fabolous - So Into You feat Tamia
6. DJ Honda - When You Hot, You Hot feat. No I.D. & Dug Infinite
7. Fashawn - LIfe As a Shorty
8. Oh No - Beware feat. Cali Agents
9. Brand Nubian - Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down (Remix) Featuring Diamond D
10. Souls of Mischief - Good Feeling
11. De La Soul - Afro Connections At A Hi 5
12. Moka Only & Chief - Crickets
13. Grand Analog - Take It Slow (Spaces & Places)

The Suite Delight - 2013-11-12 Playlist:




1. Ghettosocks - U Ain't This featuring D-Sisive, Rich Kidd, & Muneshine
2. Eternia & MoSS - At Last featuring Termanology & Reef the Lost Cauze
3. Anonymous Twist - Sweet 16 featuring Planet Asia
4. Grand Analog - Electric City featuring Shad
5. Marco Polo - Hood Tales feat. Kool G Rap & DV Alias Khrist
6. Theo3 – Ari Gold
7. The Extremities - Morning After feat Apollo & Wordsworth
8. SepTo - Really Living feat. Dan-e-o, Grimace Love, Wio-K
9. The Narcicyst - Falling Down
10. CeasRock - 10.5
11. Jeff Spec - Stop feat. NaRai
12. Miles Jones - Never Too Late
13. Friday – AmiR
14. Mickey Boston - Science

No comments: