Writer's Block





When one door is closed, don't you know, another is open” – Bob Marley

I have seen things reach their finale in more ways than one. I walk around Montreal and some parts of New York to see stores that I grew up visiting or shopping at closed or about to close. Television shows have had series finales and even some characters have been killed off after over twenty years. 


I once spoke with a local producer/DJ one summer and asked why the monthly party he was associated with ended at a popular venue. His response was that it was best to end it on a high note rather than have it turn to a word that could in no way be associated with high note.


The idea to create this blog came to me in 2008 after being inspired by the blog of a former local columnist/DJ. The logic was that if the blog developed a following than the readers would be inclined to tune in for my radio show.  However, that presented me with the tasks of promoting not only a radio show but a blog as well. 


I transferred a good amount of creative energy into this blog and the radio show over the last few years. The results were my learning that my show was among my former radio station’s most visited web pages and topped their most listened to shows on some weeks. After months of disillusionment, that news was confirmation that my efforts were bearing fruit.


It hasn't been easy to blog. It had been a long time since the last posts. I've wanted to write more but I wasn't been able to. I tried to write but it was either too late, I was too comfy, too tired, too preoccupied or had no inspiration. I realized I couldn't write as much as I would have liked and that the day to close the blog was approaching.  

This is probably also the time to let the cat out of the bag. I've been working on what I consider my musical masterpiece for the last 3 years.  It is a DJ set list of the best songs I'd want to unleash on a crowd. It consists of personal favourites as well as the best songs I've discovered or heard for the last few years.  These are songs that I've never played on my own Suite Delight radio show or any fill-in guest DJ sets for any other radio show. I haven't even played these songs out in public because they are inspired and designed for a specific Montreal dance floor.  This set list I've been curating won't spin itself. My goal now is to reach a platform that will allow me to deliver this masterpiece. I have been blessed with the opportunities to perform live DJ sets.  That has been where my focus has shifted for at least the second half of 2015. With the new year upon us, I have resolved to direct my energies towards becoming the best DJ I can be. 


I have been proud to have had the visitors, readers and subscribers I achieved over the last eight years.  I thank you for inspiring me to continue to write on the blog for the time you did.  

Everything after this post would be for the purpose of promoting my Hip Hop Homeroom radio show on CKUT 90.3FM, playlists, live DJ sets or any mixes I might create. 

If you haven't already, please make yourself familiar with the links below to bring you up to speed.


Hip Hop Homeroom new time slot is Tuesday mornings from 3am-5am EST on www.ckut.ca & 90.3 FM radio in Montreal.



Click here to listen and download the most recent archived episodes!


Feel free to request songs and artists below in the comments section below as well as on Twitter and Facebook.

Visit the Mixcloud page to listen to older archived episodes and the Podomatic site to download more of them.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty good post! I just stumbled upon your blog
http://awriter.org/ and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

David Richard said...

Those who come to read your article will find lots of helpful and informative tips
Essay Help

Aleson John said...

Awesome work you have done here, I am very happy to read this nice post. You are a great writer and give us much information.
PHP Meets HTML PHP Project Help

Jason Akon said...

I have been intending to compose something like this on my site and you have given me a thought.
Agile Online Homework Help

Kristofer khin said...

I think exceptionally capable persons just composed this site content.
C Project Help

Anonymous said...

Incredible post and I figure I'm likewise a devotee of web journal remarking as it has various advantages.
SPSS Assignment Online
Reliability Analysis Project Help

DJ Solespin said...

Thank you all for the kind words.

Unknown said...

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your blog?

Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one
or two images. Maybe you could space it out better? https://adamfantacy.tumblr.com/

Unknown said...

I have fun with, lead to I found just what I used to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye My Blog https//:www.movieforyou.sitew.org/

Unknown said...

What’s up i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i read this article i thought i could also make comment due to this sensible piece of writing. My Blog http://cinecrios.simplesite.com/

Unknown said...

I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s both equally educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that too few people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I found this during my search for something concerning this. My Blog http://trailpreview.myblog.de/

VISWA Technologies said...

Looking forward to reading more. Great article. Really looking forward to reading more. Keep writing.
Azure Solution Architect Training
SAP GTS Training