Solid Gold


There were a lot of great variety shows on television when I was growing up. One of those great shows and inspirations for my own radio show is Solid Gold.



During its run in the 1980s, it was hosted by Dionne Warwick, the late Andy Gibb, Rex Smith, Rick Dees and my personal favorite Marilyn McCoo.


It was always a pleasure to watch the show with family and friends.  Again, it was another opportunity for me to learn about the newest artists and music of the time. 



Bob Dylan said The Times Are A Changin`and that applies to television shows as well.  Shows like American Idol and The Voice have replaced the traditional variety show format that I am accustomed to because they are more interactive.  Not like I would have complained but there was no calling or texting my vote as to who was going to be performing on the next Solid Gold. 

I miss the show and those days.  If I learn I can get Solid Gold on DVD, I will be able to relive them any time I want.





No comments: