Do Right Music
Everything I read or saw related to Do Right Music revolved around the label celebrating its 10th anniversary.
I couldn’t help but overhear some young woman on the bus talking about her upcoming Toronto trip to catch Gilles Peterson set. I managed to pick up on the fact she was talking about the Do Right Music party that I had just read about at that time. What she did not add in her conversation was that Peterson and Lefto were spinning in honor of Do Right Music’s decade celebration. My memories of Gilles Peterson’s last DJ set in Montreal are still vivid in my mind and I wished I could have been there in Toronto for the festivities.
Required Listening 2 was my first Do Right Music product. It ironically introduced me to The Souljazz Orchestra, the group I would see perform twice in 2012. I knew of a store that was selling Required Listening before I would require Required Listening. I saw it while browsing their CDs but with most compilations you are unaware of its material, you keep on moving.
It took my visiting the Do Right Music website to see what Required Listening looked like to realize that it was the CD I browsed past for months. I naturally bought the CD at my earliest convenience to the dismay of another local DJ/digger friend of mine. We shop at the same store.
My only Do Right Music vinyl to date is the Ivana Santilli Breathe Inn 12” single with the Moonstarr remix. I was very happy to have found that one.
I did a mini-tribute to John Kong on The Suite Delight by featuring some of his production and remixes of his work.
Congratulations to Do Right Music on achieving this milestone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment