10 Greatest Wrestlers of All-Time


I got nostalgic and thought about wrestlers from the days of old.

There are many wrestlers that I admired for their technical skill & prowess in the ring, microphone techniques and sheer character.

When I think of my favorite wrestlers of all-time, the ones below make it difficult for me to choose who I'd want to be the victor if they were pitted against each other.

In no particular order, these are the greatest wrestling entertainers I've been fortunate to witness to date.


The Ultimate Warrior was one of, if not the most, entertaining wrestler of all-time.  From the frenzied entrances to the ring to the dynamic promos, he was the total package.  He was never that incomprehensible to me.



Davey Boy Smith will always be THE British Bulldog.



The storyline of Batista's evolution from an Animal to peer of Triple H was fantastic.




It never ceases to amaze me when I state I stopped watching pay-per-views after Bret Hart's infamous Montreal match against Shaun Michaels.  I won't say I have not seen another pay-per-view since their match but if I would have chosen to stop being a wrestling fan, it would have been that night.  



In most cases, I preferred to hear Randy "Macho Man" Savage speak rather than wrestle.  He quite possibly is my gold standard for wrestler character and microphone presence.



If Macho Man was my gold standard on the microphone, Owen Hart was my gold standard of wrestling technique. We were fortunate to have had the two Hart brothers in the ring.  



Rick Martel's Arrogance promos were so hilarious that they manage to edge out those by Mr. Perfect & Million Dollar Man.  As funny as those promos were, Rick Martel was no joke in the ring.



I miss Dino Bravo very much. I looked forward to his matches most of all. A recent Facebook post mentioning him was the 2nd motivator of this trip down wrestling memory lane.  



I lost my mind when I saw Triple H deliver the Pedigree in dress clothes.  Even though I have disagreed with some of his actions, I've been a fan ever since.



Ravishing Rick Rude was another great character and wrestler.  




"The Natural" Butch Reed had the majority elements from all of the wrestlers above to be one of my favorites.

No comments: