Wale represents a breed of new jack, modern lyricist that got me open when my ears and mind have been closed to hip hop for a while.
I wish he had less guest appearances on his debut but I don't fault him for who appeared on the album.
That also didn't take away from him being someone whose music I would check for.
Today. a young man I knew happened to have pulled up at the intersection of the street I was crossing. He also happened to have had the new Wale album, The Gifted, in his hands.
That was all the proof I needed to assure me I have a trip to my local record store in the very near future.
Attention Deficit showed promise for more to come and promised I'll be there for The Gifted. I'm waiting for his third album all now.
The Suite Delight new time slot is Tuesday morning 2-3am EST on www.ckut.ca & 90.3 FM.
If you haven't already, please make yourself familiar with the link below for more of your favorite show and mine.
Below is a podcast to bring you up to speed. Click here to download it and more.
The Suite Delight - February 25, 2014 (2) Playlist:
The Suite Delight - February 25, 2014 (2) Playlist:
- Nas - It Ain't Hard To Tell (Large Professor Remix)
- Diverse - Uprock
- Jay Dee - Pause feat. Frank-N-Dank
- Strong Arm Steady - Questions
- Souls of Mischief - That's When Ya Lost (Remix)
- Soul Khan - Knuckle Puck
- Quasimoto - Rappcats, Pt. 3
- Supastition - Yada Yada
- Murs & 9th Wonder - Murs Day
- Mobb Deep - Win or Lose
- Wale - Um'Ricka feat. K'Naan
- K-Solo - Letterman (Pete Rock Remix)
- The Extremities - Cold Cheese
- D-Sisive x Tone Mason – Maybe I Will feat. DJ Grouch

No comments:
Post a Comment