Sealab 2021


I had the chance to buy the first few seasons of Sealab 2021 on DVD, but made mistakes every step of the way. One day I found all five seasons of the show on DVD at a nearby second hand library and music store.



I put the first two seasons aside hoping I could borrow the second season from the BANQ library to make sure it was as funny as the first. I never did borrow the second season from the library.



When I went to the store to buy the first season, it was sold. Naturally, I was pissed at myself, the store and the library for what happened. In my frustration, I bought the second season.


I never watched the second season again and contemplated selling it back to the store or exchanging it for a CD or something. The laughs were too few to mention. The main reason for the disappointments is that Harry Goz, the voice of Captain Murphy, died after the first season.



The bonus features had a feature about the actor's passing. I almost felt it was a joke until I realized that the Captain Murphy voice is not the same as Season 1. You know you're in trouble when the show makes references that it sucks. R.I.P. Harry Goz and thank you for Captain Murphy.


I'm happy that I learned about and laughed at the hilarity of the first season of Sealab 2021. Do the same.



No comments: